VCH - Connect » Vancouver Coastal Health - Internal Job Vacancy Postings
Vancouver Coastal Health - Internal Job Vacancy Postings
Welcome to the Vancouver Coastal Health
Internal Job Vacancy Postings for Union & Excluded Staff
This site is for current VCH employees only. For postings advertised externally, please visit VCH Careers at careers.vch.ca
Applying to an internal job posting?
Recruitment handles thousands of applications each year, and to maintain service levels to managers and staff and fill vacancies as quickly as possible, a complete application is very important.
Recruitment only forwards complete applications for internal postings to managers. A complete application must always include the full six digit posting # and the 3 letter extension (e.g. 045121-msh). You should also include the six digit posting # and the 3 letter extension in the subject line of your email if you are applying via email.
Recruitment will contact an applicant only once if there is something missing from an application, and will advise what’s missing. Applicants are still required to complete and resubmit the application within the time the posting is open.
And remember that you can either attach your current resume, or complete the Qualifications, Education and Experience sections right on the form.
Internal Postings Tips & Tricks
Searching for Jobs
You do not need to use criteria in all Search categories to do a search.
- Select a single Labour Group to view all excluded or union postings.
- Search by your preferred Location. Selecting only Richmond will give you all the vacancies in that city.
- Search by Category to focus your search on a specific category of work (e.g. nursing, clinical, etc.). Access a list of Job Functions by clicking here.
- Read more on How to Search Jobs by clicking here.
Finding the Application Form Online
- Click on How to Apply from the menu at the left.
- Select Electronic Application Form or Print Application Form.
- If you selected Print Application Form, print a copy of the blank form from your home or office computer. Forms cannot be printed from a kiosk.
- If you selected Electronic Application Form, save the form to your home or office computer. You cannot save this form from a kiosk.
- Click File at the top of the screen, and select Save As from the drop down menu.
- Save the blank electronic application form wherever you wish on your home or office computer
- Exit the Web by closing Internet Explorer completely.
- Open up your saved blank form in Microsoft Word and work only from the blank form you saved to your computer.
Completing the Application Form
- If you have printed the application form to complete by hand, please print clearly and complete all required sections.
- If you are using the Electronic Application Form, open the blank file you saved on your home or office computer.Do not fill out the form directly on the Web site.
- Type information into the boxes – be sure to complete all required sections.
- When completed:
- Click on File at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Save As from the drop down menu.
- On the new screen you see, type in a unique name for your competed form in the File Name box. (e.g. My Name Posting AS44-34390.)
- TIP: Save your form each time you use it by giving the file a different name each time.
Submitting the Application Form
- Fax your hand completed application form to VCH Recruitment at 604-872-1915. This number is programmed into kiosk fax machines to send directly to Recruitment.
- E-mail your completed and saved electronic application form along with any attachment to email@example.com
Need more information about submitting your application? Click here.
Phone: 604.675.2500 or 1.800.565.1727
Last updated on March 2, 2016